Friday, June 29, 2007

100 Things About Me

Just for the fun of it, and for the hand-full of folks who read this page I offer this list of things you may not know about me.

1. I like my pizza with ham, onions & green peppers. Might as well start out talking about food, eh?
2. I have 3 children, and they are warped...by me.
3. I've gone skinny dipping. When I was younger and much, much thinner.
4. I don't watch Opra, Letterman, or Leno.
5. I don't drink coffee.
6. I don't do disco.
7. Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies. Yes! I know, it's a chick-flick.
8. I'll take the Beatles over the Rolling Stones any day.
9. I've never owned a foreign car.
10. I don't think every baby is cute. Most are, but there are a few that...whew, you get the idea.
11. I married my college sweetheart.
12. I used to work at a drive-in theatre.
13. I like vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup. Yum, yum!
14. I cry in cemeteries and at funerals.
15. 90% of what is on television today insults my intelligence.
16. When I do watch television I watch British comedies on PBS.
17. I don't like spinach.
18. I hate raisins.
19. I watched every moon launch when I was a kid. Jim Lovell was my favorite astronaut.
20. I'm left-handed.
21. I love pancakes.
22. I've gone whitewater rafting and had a blast.
23. I voted for Bush...yeah, I know, we all make mistakes. But then again I voted for Clinton before it came out that he couldn't keep his horse corralled.
24. John Wayne is my favorite actor.
25. Fall is my favorite season.
26. I lost my dad when I was 12. It's been more than 30 years and it still hurts as much now as it did then.
27. I want to get a tattoo...a bear paw on my right shoulder.
28. My oldest daughter has me wrapped around her little finger...and she knows it. 'I wuv you, Daddy.' Heavy sigh.
29. I saw my grandmother naked. I still haven't gotten over that one.
30. I torment telemarketers. It's sooooo much fun.
31. Jaws scared me when I saw it in 1976. Today I think it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
32. My wife is my best friend.
33. I say NO to my kids, frequently. Hasn't scarred them yet. Maybe I'm onto something.
34. I want a motorcycle someday. A Harley...not some Japanese rice-grinder.
35. I've had my heart broken.
36. I think ALL politicians are crooks...to some degree or another.
37. I don't think its society's job to raise my kids...it's mine.
38. Snickers is my favorite candy bar.
39. I watch the Red Green Show on PBS. It's sort of like the Flu...not everyone gets it.
40. I can ride a horse.
41. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
42. I love glazed doughnuts.
43. I had ancestors on both sides in the Civil War.
44. I once drove a backhoe. No, I wasn't drunk.
45. I think a woman with a tattoo in the right place is very sexy.
46. I've gone rappelling.
47. I want to go to Alaska someday.
48. I dropped out of college...I eventually went back and got my degree in history.
49. My favorite dessert is spice cake with peanut butter icing.
50. I use Jack Daniels grilling sauce in place of ketchup.
51. I'm not politically correct. Sorry! Hey, life is hard, wear a helmet!
52. I've written a book. It just isn't published, yet.
53. I've been too drunk to make whoopee.
54. I got hit in the eye with a rock when I was 13. Kids, never hit rocks with ball bats when someone else is standing nearby.
55. I've made out at the drive-in. Yes, I was working there at the time.
56. I have a crush on Lee Ann Womack...and my wife knows it.
57. I started going gray in my 20's.
58. I got married at 19. Maybe that's why I started going gray early. Did I say that out loud?
59. I've been known to listen to classical music.
60. I used to work for the National Park Service. And I loved it.
61. I once rode in the cab of a steam locomotive.
62. I'm an award winning photographer.
63. I love Bluegrass music.
64. I'm a history nerd.
65. I used to play the coronet. And people clapped for me...when I stopped playing.
66. I was a boy scout.
67. I've biked the entire length of the C&O Canal. Have you?
68. I own a mandolin, and I can make noise on it.
69. I hate reality TV. Refer back to number 15 on this list.
70. I love NASCAR. And, yes, I root for Dale Jr.
71. I almost drowned once.
72. For the record, I don't believe John Wilkes-Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
73. Alien is the scariest movie I've ever seen. But I thought Sigourney Weaver was hot.
74. I used to roller skate.
75. I almost joined the Navy.
76. I've never been to Hollywood. Know what? I don't care if I ever get there.
77. I threw up in a moving car once. Yes, I was plastered at the time.
78. My dentist gave me nitrous-oxide once and I thought it was way cool.
79. I dream in color.
80. I love my i-pod.
81. I don't own a cell phone. I think they're annoying.
82. I snore like a banshee.
83. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.
84. I'm afraid of growing old alone
85. My favorite actresses are Maureen O'Hara and Judi Dench.
86. My first car was a 1976 Mustang II
87. I believe less than half of what I hear in the news...and that includes all the spin doctors and the one that says he don't spin.
88. I love a pair of tight jeans on a woman...uh, I mean my wife.
89. My favorite hair color is red. Yep, my wife is a red head, and Irish. What a combination.
90. I loved the experience of college.
91. I've met Bluegrass legend Ralph Stanley. Hey, it's a big deal to me.
92. I'm not afraid of the dark.
93. Jaclyn Smith was my favorite Charlie's Angel. Still is!
94. I hate the sound of my voice.
95. I hated Psych class in college...it's the only class I ever fell asleep in.
96. I got lost in Sears once. I was 7 at the time
97. I love Country music.
98. My favorite bar...Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, in Nashville.
99. My favorite restaurant...The Alabama Grille, in Nashville.
100. It took me a month to come up with this list. Am I dull, or what.

No comments: