Monday, October 6, 2008

Bill Engvall Would Be Proud Of Me

DISCLAIMER: If you've never heard Bill Engvall's comedy act and don't know the 'Here's Your Sign' shtick, you probably won't get this post.

Yesterday, Sunday, Goody Two Shoes and I took a drive down into West Virginia looking for some fall colors. We found them, by the way. But that's not the point of this post. On the way home we stopped at a Cracker Barrel outside Fairmont for lunch.

During the course of our meal Goody Two Shoes happened to mention that she had her camera in her purse. Purse? It's a bowling bag...there's so much room. I never said anything, but did make a mental note as I went back to my roast beef. Halfway through our meal, I notice the fireplace and thought it would make a nice photo. So I said to Goody Two Shoes that she should take a picture of it. She declined, saying she wasn't interested.

Now, jump ahead, our waitress has brought out the check and Goody Two Shoes and I are finishing the last of our drinks when the manager comes by and asks if we're being taken care of. At that point the following dialog took place. (This is the part where old Billy would be proud)

CTI (to the manager): Will I get in trouble if I take a picture of the fireplace?

MANAGER: Not at all. Help yourself.

MANAGER NOW LEAVES AND GOODY TWO SHOES LOOKS AT ME KNOWING I WANT TO TAKE A PICTURE

GTS: Do you want the camera?

I didn't even have to think, the response just shot out of me.

CTI: No, Princess, I thought I'd draw a picture. Here's your sign.

I thought it was funny, Goody Two Shoes didn't quite agree with me as evidenced by this photo. Our daughters didn't think it was that funny either when I told them what I had done to their mother.

Anyway, here's the photo I wanted all along.

No comments: