Friday, April 20, 2007

What I'm Listening to at the Moment

I love music and I love Itunes and my Ipod. My tastes in music are varied: bluegrass, classical, gospel, rock...and my favorite, country. These days I listen, mostly, to country, but when I was younger and my hair was longer I was heavily into Rock 'n Roll. I listened to the Beatles, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Blackfoot, .38 Special, Boston, Skynyrd, and the Eagles...and that's just scratching the surface. But as I got older I started leaning more and more back towards country music.

See, I grew up in a home where I heard songs like Your Cheating Heart, Tennessee Waltz, Bonaparte's Retreat, Ring of Fire, & Crazy on a regular basis. Mom also loved the Ames Brothers...I can't name any of their songs, but oh well.

Country music, for the most part, is open and honest, the message is straightforward, and there's usually something for everyone. If you were to stick your head in my front door you'd most likely find me listening to one of these 12 tunes. In fact, as I'm writing this I'm listening to #9 on my list.

#1 Some Things I Know
From: Some Things I Know by Lee Ann Womack

#2 Corina, Corina
From: Tribute to the Music of Bob Wells by Asleep at the Wheel

#3 Help Me Make it Through the Night
From: Timeless by Martina McBride

#4 Wabash Cannonball/Morning Dew/Father Kelly's Reels
From: Another Country by the Chieftans & Ricky Skaggs

#5 All You Ever Do is Bring Me Down
From: The Difinitive Collection by the Mavericks

#6 That's Love
From: Mud on the Tires by Brad Paisley

#7 Simple Life
From: Live at the Charleston Music Hall by Ricky Skaggs

#8 When Where I Get Where I'm Going
From: Time Well Wasted by Brad Paisley

#9 This Train Keeps Rolling Along
From: Acoustic by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

#10 (Hell) On a Woman's Heart
From: America Will Always Stand by Lee Ann Womack

#11 Choices
From" Cold Hard Truth by George Jones

#12 I Knew the Bride
From: The Rose of England by Nick Lowe


Me, and Goody Two Shoes at the Lee Ann Womack concert at Nemacolin Woodlands in September of 2005. I'm in the circle on the far right, Little Woman is next to me, followed by our friends Tim and Jeanette.

Skippy, Dimples and myself at the Mother Church of Country Music...The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville in July of 2006.

No comments: