Sunday, September 30, 2007

Green Acres is the Place to Be

Between blogging and reading Country Magazine I read so many stories and see so many photos of life in the country, that I get antsy and reach for my camera. Having been raised in the country and having farmers for grandparents, I welcome any opportunity to get back out in the country.

Yesterday, Goody Two Shoes and myself took a little drive in the Pennsylvania countryside. Taking backroads we wound our way through Hyndman, Madly Hollow, Bedford, St. Clairsville, Baker's Summit, Roaring Spring, Holidaysburg, and finally, Altoona--where the Cracker Barrel was. We love eating at Cracker Barrel. Along the way, we found a dairy farm near St. Clairsville and I took these photos. It was just a beautiful day, the colors were beautiful. All-in-all, a perfect day.


The girls doing brunch. We'll call them: Ethel, Patty, Maxine, and Laverne.


What are you looking at?


Got milk? We do...sucker!


Kibble 'n bits, kibbles 'n bits.


Eating...it's what I do.


There were horses in the next pasture. After I'd worn out my welcome with the bovines I simply walked across the road.


This fella came galloping up through the field until he saw my camera. He then decided to graze where he was and ignore the silly man with the camera.


Going back to the other horses, I found them to be somewhat camera shy as well. Either that or they were simply content in the shade.


But sometimes a Camera Totin' Idiot gets lucky. This beauty, we'll call her Sadie, decided to come out and work on her tan.


'Do you like my profile?' she seems to be asking.


Goodbye, Sadie. I'll be back in a couple of weeks when the leaves change.

No comments: