Monday, October 1, 2007

Saved By a Back-up and a 37 year-old Kid

I'm a huge sports fan: the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Penn State & Maryland football, Lady Vols basketball, and Dale Jr.

That said, it was a lousy weekend for me. The Lady Vols didn't play--their season hasn't begun yet. Oh well. But everyone else I root for did. Let's see how they did: Dale Jr. finished 10th at the Kansas Speedway and didn't lead a lap--phooey. Penn State lost 27-20 to Illinois--at Illinois. And the Steelers go into Phoenix and got beat 21-14 by the Cardinals--what's up with that? Talk about a bummer of a weekend.

But wait, all wasn't lost. I forgot about the Maryland Terrapins. They went over to New Jersey to play the 10th ranked Scarlet Knights of Rutgers. Maryland's starting quarterback got hurt and the back up quarterback--who I've never heard of before--comes in and rallies Maryland from a 17-14 deficit and leads the Terps to a 34-24 win.

Oh, yeah! FEAR THE TURTLE


Oh, I almost forgot, there was one other thing that got me excited this weekend--besides Goody Two Shoes. Green Bay Quarterback, Brett Farve, passed Dan Marino as the all-time leader in touch down passes. Also, Farve and the Packers are 4-0 and Farve is playing like he's ten years younger--jumping up and down, running all over the field, and grinning ear-to-ear. Ya gotta love someone who plays for the love of the game first, and the big paycheck second.

1 comment:

lv2scpbk said...

My husband is a Steelers fan too. Any sport from Pittsburgh.

It looks like you love taking photos as much as I do. You may want to hop on board our photo a day blog. Go to my discoverpa blog and you'll see what I mean. You post a photo a day of your town. Let me know if you need more info.