Friday, December 26, 2008

I Got a Harley for Christmas!

Well, sort of. Here's proof that my wife does have a sense of humor, and that she listens a little too much to what I say. We were Christmas shopping one day and I saw the little Harley. I waved it at her to get her attention and told her that I always wanted a Harley. Guess what she went and done? Yep, you guessed it.

It really is a Harley. A 2002 Super Glide...

...Just 1:18 scale. With it sitting on the seat to my GT bicycle you get an idea of the scale.

An even better idea of my little Harley's lack of size is when Buddy, the Wondermutt sits down for a look. He positively dwarfs the thing.

I did get some very nice things for Christmas, but the one thing I'm most pleased with is a book called, The White Book.

I'm a huge fan of the Beatles and have always regarded them as the greatest Rock and Roll band in the world. This book, on pages 100-101 validates my long held belief. The author writes, "If you ever want to find out just how good the Beatles were as a single unit, a live, four-piece rock-and-roll band, just listen to the live recordings of the concert on the roof that day." The author is referring to the now famous concert on the roof of the Apple building on January 30, 1969.

I got a lot of other nice things too: a hooded pullover from my old high school, another book, the Dark Knight, the two Underworld movies, and some Steeler shirts and a new hat. By the way, the shirt that says 'Beating Cleveland.' On the back it reads, 'So simple a caveman can do it.'

Yes, Christmas was berry, berry good to me. Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

June said...

Chuckles re the Harley :-D As for the Beatles, I'd not heard of the White Book...I guess a take off on the title of The White Album? Anyway, they were great. And it still blows my mind that once one of my officers asked me who they were. Glad you had a nice holiday.

Shannon said...

Glad you had a good Christmas, hope you have a Happy New Year!

AGK said...

Hee hee hee! I did this to my husband a few years ago. It was funny!