Sunday, May 25, 2008

Say What?!

Took a walk today up along the scenic railroad, only a mile or so. Still, I benefited from the exercise, and it was a beautiful day. Oh yeah, I also photographed the scenic train...why else would I be out for a hike on a Sunday morning.

Now, I told you that to tell you this. I had photographed the train and was walking back. As I'm walking across the double truss bridge that carries the tracks and the Highlands Trail over Rt. 40 and Braddock Run, I pass a mid-50's couple out for a leisurely Sunday jaunt on their bicycles. As they're passing by I hear this conversation.

Him: "That was nice, (referring to the steam-train that had just passed by), now if they could do something about the smell."

Her: "Yes, it was quaint, but polluting."

Me: "Say what?!"

They never heard me...I was going one way and they're going the other.

Anyway, here's our quaint, but polluting locomotive.



Yes, it's a free country and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But don't mess with my choo choos.

No comments: